Tuesday 7 May 2013

Variations of Pages

Once I had finished a few of my pages, I started to question if they were too busy and complicated, so I decided to try and simplify them right down to see how that looked. 

I started with my "I want to be a Leaf..." page, using some of my original experiments as inspiration. 




I liked the simplified version as an image on it's own, but I did question whether it would appeal to children as much as the colourful version I had done originally. I asked some people to help me decide and the majority of people said they liked the simple version, but the colourful version has so much more depth and interest that it would work much better in the book. 
I decided to use the colourful version in the end, however I did make the simple version into some postcards, and it does work well as an image on it's own. 

I tried a similar experiment with the "I want to be a Flower..." page, and got similar feedback. Although the flower page was much simpler to begin with I was more experimenting with a much smaller colour palette to see if this looked better. I decided that the muted colour scheme of the second image wasn't bright or interesting enough to capture a child's interest, so again I decided to use my original image.






No comments:

Post a Comment