Tuesday 7 May 2013

Starting my Final images...

By this stage in my project I already have my characters cut out, my font scanned in, washes of paint for my background, and my final text decided upon. All I need to start doing is putting them together.

My pages were all designed to be A3 (an A4 double page spread), so in an A3 photoshop document I started putting my background together Starting with the "floor" and the wall/sky to make a good base to start from.
I then add in my character as she is the main focus of the page.


Next I gradually built up the other main aspects of the image. For this page it is the flowers. The flowers are all in different layers in photoshop so I can arrange and resize them all to adapt the composition of the page.



I then add the text. This takes a while as I have to place each letter individually, but it does make a huge difference to the image. Having each letter cut out does look much more effective than typing it, as the collaged letters complement the rest of the image, and make the page look more unified.



I then added the last few details of the image, in this case the butterfly, and my page is finished. 
My all my images were made in this way, although obviously some took longer than others. For example the page with falling leaves took much longer to put together because I had to add each leaf individually, and gradually build up the tree in the same way I had made piles of leaves on the floor for my collage experiments

No comments:

Post a Comment