Wednesday 5 December 2012

Next steps...


Now I have finished my storyboard I will focus my time on media and creating a finished look for my pages. I will experiment further with colour combinations and how much collage to use in my images, and when this is finalised I can start to create my final pages. I am fairly sure that the style I want to create my book with is mixing collage with ink or paint, however I want to experiment to see how much of the image can be collage without overwhelming it. I also want to try out tubes of watercolour paint for the background rather than the pan watercolours I currently use to see if a bolder clearer colour is more effective.

I need to finalise the text for my book, and break it up into which bits will fit onto which pages.  At the moment I have a story planned out, but I haven't decided on the final wording of the text, whether to keep it short or complicated, or how exactly it will be split between the pages. These are all things I need to decide upon next. 
I also need to design the text for my book, both the font and the positioning on the page, which will also affect the layout of the pages. I don't want my text to simply go at the bottom or side of the page, so I want to experiment with ways of incorporating the text into the image.

I will start looking at different ways in which to make my book. I want to make a handmade version of my book, so I will need to research and experiment with different techniques of book binding. I also want to have a few copies made proffessionally, so I will need to look at print companies to order from.


I plan to spend the next few weeks experimenting with these things to make my final design clear and finished before looking into producing the final book.

No comments:

Post a Comment