Tuesday 2 October 2012

Collaging animals

Seeing as collage was such a big part of my previous projects, I decided to try it out on some of my sketches from this project

Using one of my sketches, I collaged bits of found paper. I wanted the layers to be obvious to give it some depth, which is why I cut each piece individually (eg, head, body, arms..) and overlapped them a little rather than cutting out the silhouette and just adding the details - although this did take longer and meant I needed a high contrast taking a photo of my work as the layers didn’t show up very well at first


After trying out collage with bits of paper I had found, I decided I wanted try using my own textures and colours. This is a collage using a red-brown acrylic paint on off white paper, put on with a wide paintbrush.
To carry this on, I am going to experiment with different materials (watercolour paint, ink, texture rubbings, relief prints..) applied with different tools (a paint roller, sticks, textured wallpaper, a sponge…) and see which ones work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment